As with any software upgrade or new release, it is strongly encouraged to fully test the new build within your environment prior to deploying network wide.
***Before Upgrading Note***
Due to the major technical advancements in the newest iteration of the Thirtyseven4 Endpoint Security Console, each machine will require a reboot in order to move to the Endpoint Security Client for 7.6. Users WILL be prompted to reboot once the software completes the install.
1. Please make sure you save a copy of your Product Key as it will be required at the very end of the install process to activate your EPS Console.
2. A link to download the new Thirtyseven4 EPS 7.6 is available on our Downloads page.
4. It is critical that all existing antivirus and security programs have been properly removed. A reboot is also highly recommended after uninstalling your existing antivirus application and prior to installing the EPS 7.6 Console.
***NOTE: If installing on the same machine as the previous version of the EPS Console, please do not remove the previous EPS Console version prior to installing. During installation, you will need to install the EPS Console 7.6 in Multi-Server Mode when prompted.
5. The following Windows services must be Started and their Startup Type set to Automatic: Computer Browser and Windows Installer.
1. Download and run the Endpoint Security 7.6 setup file.
2. After running the file, the screen below will appear as the system extracts the files for installation. The title bar of this window may display the words “Not responding” (this is normal depending on what other applications and processes are currently running). Let the extraction continue until finished.
3. After successful extraction, a Welcome screen will be displayed.
Click “Next” to continue.
The next screen displays the Thirtyseven4 End User License Agreement. You will have to scroll down and click ‘I Accept to the terms and conditions mentioned in the EULA’ to continue.
4. The next screen verifies that IIS is installed and all required components are enabled. If not, the Console will attempt to automatically install all the required components. Once IIS is configured correctly. click “Next”
Next you will be prompted to fill out the Proxy Settings. If a Proxy is not used within your network, please press Next.
5. Next, you will be prompted to download and point to the MySQL 5.6.42 setup file. If this file is not already downloaded, please use the link on this page, then browse to the location of the downloaded file.
The next screen will ask if you would like to configure the console as a Master or Secondary Server. Please select Master Server if this is the first time installing the EPS Console 7.6.
6. The next screen will ask you where you’d like the EPS 7.6 Console installed. The default location will on the C:\ drive but you can install the Console to any desirable drive (ie. D:\, etc.)
Click “Next”. There will be a short Pre-Install Scan.
7. The next two screens ask for port assignments. For these options, we highly recommend proceeding with the defaults. However, if the default ports are already being used in your network, you can configure any unused ports.
8. The next screen will ask you to assign an Administrator password and a Client password. The passwords can’t be the same. Also, it is very important that you retain these passwords. If your Administrator password is lost, you can use the new Forgot Password link on the main login page to retrieve it.
You will also need to create a Username and Password for the MySQL account.
9. After clicking Next, the installation will process and both the Thirtyseven4 EPS 7.6 Console and the EPS 7.6 Client will get installed. Upon successful installation, you will be given the opportunity to perform the initial update via the Update Manager.
Click ” Next ” at the last screen.
1. Import Groups & Policies.
•Login to the Endpoint Security Console you will be redirecting your clients from.
•Navigate to Clients > Manage Groups.
•Press Export at the top right. This will create an acexpgrp.db file in your downloads folder.
•Navigate to Clients Manage Policies and check the box next to the policies you would like to import into the new console.
•Press Export. This will create an acexport.db file.
•Copy both the acexpgrp.db and acexport.db files to the machine hosting the newly installed Thirtyseven4 EPS console.
•Open the new console and navigate to Clients > Manage Groups > Import.
•Select the acexpgrp.db file and press OK.
•Navigate to Clients > Manage Policies > Import.
•Select the acexport.db file and press OK.
•Once both your Groups and Policies have been imported, please navigate to Manage Groups and right-click on the groups to set their respective policies.
2. Start the Migration Process.
•With the new console now installed, you will need to initiate the redirection process.
•Login in to the old Thirtyseven4 Endpoint Security Console.
•Navigate to Admin Settings > Redirection.
•Input the IP Address of the machine you installed the new console on.
•Input the Client Communication Port displayed during the installation process.
•Configure the redirection type. (Available options differ by version.)
•Press Apply. You will receive a confirmation pop-up.
Things to Note:
1. Since the consoles use different SSL ports, you can open both EPS Console web pages at the same time to watch the clients depopulate from your old console and populate in the new console.
2. Do NOT uninstall the existing Admin Console/EPS Console until ALL systems have been successfully converted over to the new Thirtyseven4 Endpoint Security version. *Please note: it is possible that not every system will move over. This is because the remaining systems may be showing Offline due to the systems being retired, re-imaged, etc.
3. When redirecting your clients from one console to the next, some clients may get a message asking them to reboot their machine to finish the migration process. This will not force the user to reboot, but if the user ignores the prompt, the machine will show in the new console under Home > Protection > Client Deployment failed until rebooted.
4. You can upgrade all the endpoints with the latest version within 30/60/90 days. The Default is set to 60 days. These settings can be configured from Admin Settings > Server > General > Multi-Server migration period, on the higher version of the Thirtyseven4 Endpoint Security Server when in Multi-Server mode.
Thirtyseven4, LLC is dedicated to serving customers with a full palette of security solutions including AntiVirus, AntiMalware, Anti-Ransomware and Zero-Day Threat Protection.